Friday, June 23, 2017

Get the Middle Eight Back!

I had intended to share a chronological history of my rediscovery of The Doctor, but I just came across an interesting bit of info that I decided I'd share immediately.

I was trying to find "the Great Curator" video (impersonator Jon Culshaw doing Tom Baker's and Jon Pertwee's Doctors) and another guy doing Mat Smith's and David Tennant's, and then decided to listen again to Peter Capaldi singing. Did a search on "Peter Capaldi singing" and came across this video (shared below) of Capaldi wanting "the Middle Eight" back in his theme music.

I love "the middle eight" part of the theme music, but I'd never known it was called "the middle eight." So I did a search on "Doctor Who the middle eight" and came across an article that discusses all of the Doctor Who theme music. A lot of what's covered in the article went over my head since I know nothing about music (except what I like) but now I know *why* I like certain of the themes more than othes.

Doctor Who theme artricle at the Tardis wikia. http://tardis.wikia.com/wiki/Doctor_Who_theme

No comments:

Post a Comment

See the regeneration of the 12th Doctor

Up on Youtube right now (July 16, 2017) and already with over 300,000 views is our first view of Jodie Whittaker as the 13th Doctor. ...